Reward 3 KEYO
Schedule a guided tour for the St Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral. After the tour record a short video about what you've learned about St. Nicholas in front of the cathedral. Don't forget to send the video to us.
The St Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral, Nice (French: Cathédrale Orthodoxe Saint-Nicolas de Nice, Russian: Николаевский собор, Ницца) is an Eastern Orthodox cathedral located in the French city of Nice. It is recognized as a national monument of France, and it currently belongs to the jurisdiction of the Moscow Patriarchate. It is the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedral in Western Europe. The cathedral was opened in 1912, thanks to the generosity of Russia's Tsar Nicholas II. From 1931 until 15 December 2011 (after a longstanding legal dispute over ownership was resolved), the parish that occupied the cathedral was part of the Paris-based Patriarchal Exarchate for Orthodox Parishes of Russian Tradition in Western Europe under the jurisdiction of the Church of Constantinople. After 2011, following a court ruling, the cathedral was transferred to the property of the Russian state, and the congregation came under the jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Church.
Avenue Nicolas II, 06000 Nice, France