Pay a visit to the orphanage and take 1-2 hours to speak with the children and nuns who run the organization. Take a photo with the nuns and send it to us to complete this social good activity!
Check-in at Check-in to the location mentioned in the campaign description and rules.
Upload a photo that follows the campaign description and rules and send it to us!
In 1946, Mother Teresa received the inspiration to found the Missionaries of Charity in response to Christ’s plea that she makes Him known to the poorest of the poor by her humble service of love. She envisioned a congregation of women and received her first companion in March 1949. The “little Society” of twelve members was officially established on 7 October 1950. The religious branches include the Sisters, followed by the Brothers on 25 March 1963, then the Contemplative Sisters on 25 June 1976, the Contemplative Brothers on 19 March 1979, and the Fathers on 31 October 1984.
As a religious family, the active and contemplative Sisters comprise one congregation, while the Brothers and Fathers are three separate congregations. All share in the charism of Mother Teresa to satiate God’s thirst for love by personal holiness and by working for the salvation and sanctification of the poorest of the poor. For all of the Sisters, Brothers and Fathers, Mother Teresa is “Mother.”
For the laity, Mother Teresa established the co-workers on 29 March 1969 and the Sick and Suffering co-workers on 13 January 1953.
The Lay Missionaries of Charity were founded on 13 April 1987.
Missionaries Of Charity, Prem Dan, 8, Ajmer Rd, Lata Kunj Colony, Shahzadi Mandi, Rakabganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001, India